Chappy Hakim is Indonesian Air Force Chief of Staff from 2002 to 2005. Some position he had ever held were as the Commandant of an Air Force Base, The Operation Director of The Air Force Head Quarters, Governer of The Air Force Academy, Assistance to the Chief of Staff of the Personal Department, General Commander of the Indonesian Armed Forces Academy.
- His non military position were as the Chairman of the PB FASI (Federasi Aerosport Seluruh Indonesia) and President Commisary of PT. Dirgantara Indonesia
- Since January 11, 2007, Pointed As Chairman of National Team for evaluation of Transportation Safety and Security. Directly responsible to the President of Republic of Indonesia.
- Member of Honoured APG (Asosiasi Pilot Garuda/Garuda Pilot Association) Member of IFALPA
As a Pilot, He had been flying several aircraft, among others:
- L-47 Piper Cub
- Cessna T-41 D
- Mentor T-4A
- Jet Trainer Aircraft L-29 Dolphine
- C-47 / DC-3 Dakota
- VC-8 Vicker’s Viscount
- C-130 H/HS ; L-100 Hercules
- A MURI (Indonesian Record Museum) award winner for publishing more than a hundred books in one year.
- A MURI (Indonesian Record Museum) award winner for organizing a Free Fall Event with 207 skydivers.
- A MURI (Indonesian Record Museum) award winner for organizing a Free Fall Event with 100 skydivers from 1 airplane.